About Saliva Testing
Saliva is a mirror of the body’s health and well being. In fact, most of the bio-molecules found in blood and urine can also be found in saliva. Also, given that saliva collection is simple, non-invasive and with minimal risk of disease transfer, it helps explain why at FLUIDS iQ®, we consider saliva to be the blood of the 21st century™.
Saliva can be obtained, with ease, by non-invasive techniques. The analytes found in saliva include hormones, whose levels in saliva parallel traditional patterns found in blood. Multiple specimens for steroid hormone analysis can be easily collected at home, simply by spitting into a tube. Saliva tests can be used to monitor fertility cycles, menopausal fluctuations, stress and other diurnal variations.
All About Saliva...The Blood of the 21st Century™
"The Advantages of Saliva Testing"
"Assessing Adrenal Function - Comparing Saliva, Serum and Urine"
• "Steroid Analysis in Saliva: An Overview"
• "Hormones in Saliva"
• "Current Status of Salivary Hormone Analysis"
• "Human Saliva as a Diagnostic Specimen"
• "Sensitive Salivary Estradiol Assay for Monitoring Ovarian Function"
• "Salivary Testosterone: a reliable approach to the diagnosis of male hypogonadism"
• "Salivary cortisol determined by enzyme immunoassay is preferable to serum total cortisol for assessment of dynamic hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axix activity"
• "The clinical usefulness of salivary progesterone measurement for the evaluation of the corpus luteum function"
• "Percutaneous progesterone delivery via cream or gel application in postmenopausal women: A randomized cross-over study of progestrone levels in serum, whole blood, saliva and capillary blood."
• "Limitations of direct estradiol and testosterone immunoassay kits"